Wednesday 9 June 2010

Suck Cess.

I wasn't really sure these days about how to define success, but I got talking to an old friend the other day and the way she has managed to land directly on her feet has shown me exactly how to define success.

She's doing a degree in Events Management, works a million hours in Sainsburys, will be doing a £7 an hour placement as part of her degree next year, passed her driving test recently and already saved enough to get a nice car. Oh, and she just got a lovely boyfriend.

So in I roll from a couple of months fannying around in Belfast to find all these incredibly straight-backed, non-anthropological people working working working away... the Huddersfield ethic I never seemed to manage to grab hold of.
You wouldn't catch them dancing around a pretend bull wearing feathers on their heads anyway.

So I looked up prospects for people with Anthropology degrees today in a relaxed panic (SHIT, I have forgotten to take my Driving Test Related Kalms after lunch)...

Community Health & Public Relations. This is the area I am aiming for. I could still be a music therapist yet. But one thing's for sure... the next part-time job I get I really need to stick to. "Yer a wirkin' man now son."

No comments:

Post a Comment