Monday 14 June 2010

Minor injury. Or... minors... and injuries.

Download with Gen was fantastic. She has the sweetest boyfriend ever, also - such a GENT. I spotted a metal bar on the floor. He did too, but whilst I just thought "What the fuck is that?", he picked it straight up and gave it into security, in case someone got hurt. Sweet!

Yes the festival was good. Of course I missed Rage, the band I actually went to see. I'm not even shocked about this, it could only happen to yours truly, I accept.

Looking on the bright side - I met two lovely girls on the way home who were suffering with the same problem... either miss Rage and get the last train home or see Rage and sleep in a bin somewhere on the outskirts of the festival due to tight security denying any access to the campsite. Since I wasn't on drugs, I didn't fancy sleeping anywhere other than my own bed. GAY.

That aside, I am now covered in a few pretty medium-sized heart-shaped bruises from a rather excited mosh-pit. After a couple of punches, I felt it would be time to get another beer or maybe even score some medicine during a performance by Deftones. So I told Gen I'd see her soon, thinking it wouldn't be too hard to get through the crowd.

I never saw Gen again! My judgement was obviously WAY too sober. How was I so sober?! In fact, the crowd was even WORSE further back, and in the end I just gave up and rolled on the floor with the rest of them, successfully taking a few people with me as I whacked my arse into the air. The last time I was in a mosh-pit like that involved a couple of E's and my naive 16-year-old query of "What's a 'mosh-pit'?" as a response to Carl's warning of "Watch out for the mosh-pit!!" I soon found out.

DEFINITELY GETTING A WEEKEND TICKET NEXT YEAR AND SHALL BAKE OODLES OF BUNS - SHOULD NOT HAVE REMEMBERED WHERE THOSE BRUISES CAME FROM.

What else has happened since I've been back in the dazzlingly exciting town of Huddersfield? Well, there's a job going at the laundrette and Poundworld. In fact, I'm spoilt for choice since there's another job going for cleaning the bus station toilets. 3 whole job vacancies in the entire town! Wow! Lack of jobs? Not from what I can see.

I've been shedding away the rest of my student loan on driving lessons, also. Sadly, I have had to move my test date to August due to driving down the ring road in the incorrect direction and not realising this, ahem, MINOR error even when the steering wheel was being terrifyingly wrenched from my grasp. I thought he was trying to kill me... but it turns out he probably thought the same thing about... me.

Further to the more, my Great Auntie Margaret phoned me up this morning:

"Ayup Katie ow ya doin'? Listen, a need sum 'elp, a need a trolley or sumat! Ahv got too much stuff lyin' around an am avin ter eat ma food outta tha sink. An a can't bend down ter get tha newspaper, so a was wonderin' if a give yer sum bus fare..."

I am HOME.

1 comment:

  1. Katie, this literally made me LOL.
    How I love thee! xx

    ReplyDelete